The Human Resources (HR) Assistant is an individual who handles the daily administrative and HR duties here at Waitr and Bite Squad. This individual will be assisting HR team members with record maintenance and payroll functions, and providing clerical support to all employees. You should have superb organizational and time management skills, must be able to handle change with ease and be able to function well in a fast paced environment.
- Answer employee inquiries via phone and email
- Provide secretarial support by entering, formatting, and printing information; organizing work; relaying messages; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Process incoming mail, fax and email.
- Create and distribute documents to respective department leaders
- Provide customer service to organization employees
- Maintain employee information by entering and updating employment and status-change data.
- Set appointments and arrange meetings
- Compile and prepare reports and spreadsheets
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Support members of the HR team: HR Director, Manager, HR Business Partner, HR Specialist
Required Education and Experience
- Associate's degree (A.A) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or one or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in human resource management, business or a related field.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or one or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in human resource management, business or a related field.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees and members of the HR management team.
- Must be able to effectively read and interpret information and skillfully gather and analyze information.
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback
- Should be proficient in Google Suite features
- Nimble: You move fast and accurately in a dynamic environment
- Customer-Focused: Proactively seeks and finds ways to provide the highest standards of service.
- Innovator: Generates and recognizes creative solutions in varying work situations.
- Team player: Collaboration and strong communication skills.
- Effective Communicator: Demonstrates open, honest and respectful written and verbal communication. Results-Oriented: Productively focuses time and resources on activities to produce quality results.
- Forward-Thinking: Problem solver, do whatever it takes attitude
- Strategic Thinker: Views events and possibilities from multiple perspectives. Understands the bigger picture and the interdependencies and effects of other systems.
- Ethical: Maintains and promotes individual and organization integrity and values in the conduct of all activities.
Waitr, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Waitr, Inc. is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Waitr, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.