A Waitr Regional Sales Director leads their region by developing a sales team to grow existing markets, and acquire restaurant partners. They keep their finger on the pulse of their region and determine needs at the local and regional level. Reporting directly to the Chief Sales Officer, the ideal candidate will provide reports/performance review on the Business Development Managers (BDM’s) and markets within their assigned Region. They work cross-functionally with other department leaders in the company. Waitr was built in the streets with a “Boots on the ground” approach and our sales force is a direct reflection of that. We reward fearless leaders and have a passionate appreciation for entrepreneurs. We are road warriors so “Windshield time” is required.
- Provide strategic leadership in developing and implementing a sales strategy for the region that is consistent with the division’s overall sales strategy, policies, procedures and objectives.
- Managing a sales team in order to maximize sales revenue and meet or exceed corporate-set goals
- Hire, train, motivate, monitor, and evaluate staff to ensure successful sales techniques and team effectiveness
- Team effectiveness, participation in the effective recruitment and hiring of new employees, and continuous improvement initiatives to elevate personal performance and the performance of assigned staff
- Ensure an effective and timely response to the needs of external and internal customers
- Oversee effective prospecting and pipeline development of new sales opportunities
- Leads the region’s sales team to meet or exceed established sales objectives
- Has a thorough understanding of our company’s products, services, and capabilities to serve our customers.
- Forecast annual, quarterly and monthly sales goals, and communicate regional goals and results to the sales team
- Collaborate with senior executives to establish and execute a sales goal for the region
- Develop detailed and specific plans to ensure growth both short and long-term
- Train and educate the sales team with presentations of strategies, seminars and regular meetings performance coaching
- Review regional expenses and recommend improvements
- Strategic planning and budget management. Participates in determining optimum employee staffing levels and resources needed to meet customer needs.
- Travel expenses, sales material, etc.
- Provides leadership and serves as a resource to territory sales managers in resolving sales issues.
- Develop and implement an effective overall sales strategy, policies and procedures to set the future direction of the sales function.
- Maintains timely and accurate records and reports, as required.
- Success in managing the performance of assigned staff in meeting or exceeding sales objectives in an effective, timely, and safe manner
- Achievement of annual strategic and budget goals, resulting in increased revenue
- Success in developing assigned staff and, if applicable, hiring and training new staff
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal company resources
- Timeliness and effectiveness in responding to sales and customer issues
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with customers while gaining an understanding of their businesses, organization, and needs. Plays a lead role in developing and maintaining relationships with major customers.
- Develops effective relationships with the leadership within the organization to be able to provide effective service to our customers and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain an awareness of any sales or customer issues needing personal involvement to resolve as well as any changes in customer or industry trends
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (Business, Sales and Marketing, or related fields are preferred).
- 8+ years of related Sales/Management/Operations and/or Marketing experience is strongly preferred.
- Successful record of sales goals achievement
- Nimble: You move fast and accurately in a dynamic environment
- Customer-Focused: Proactively seeks and finds ways to provide the highest standards of service.
- Innovator: Generates and recognizes creative solutions in varying work situations.
- Team player: Collaboration and strong communication skills.
- Effective Communicator: Demonstrates open, honest and respectful written and verbal communication. Results-Oriented: Productively focuses time and resources on activities to produce quality results.
- Forward-Thinking: Problem solver, do whatever it takes attitude
- Strategic Thinker: Views events and possibilities from multiple perspectives. Understands the bigger picture and the interdependencies and effects of other systems.
- Ethical: Maintains and promotes individual and organization integrity and values in the conduct of all activities.
# of direct reports: 10-13
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand
20 % of travel time
Bite Squad is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Bite Squad is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Waitr, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.