We’re redefining the dining experience by building a world-class mobile ordering and delivery platform. We are building a two-sided marketplace that is helping small businesses grow and acquire new customers while also bringing concierge level convenience to thousands of consumers.
If you like finding creative solutions to complex problems and have a good sense of humor, you came to the right place. Learn more about the Product and Engineering team here: https://waitrapp.com/careers/product-engineering
Now, onto the role of a Front-End Software Engineer. Our highly-caffeinated Engineering Team builds the framework of the Waitr experience one line of code at a time. They maintain our website, collect data, measure impact, build new features, release improvements, and vet features to improve our services.
Here's how you'll be spending your week:
- Building and enhancing new features for our consumer facing website.
- Participating in code reviews.
- Collaborating with other amazing team members including product owners, designers, and fellow engineers to create an engaging user experience
- Building and automating test plans that provide > 90% test coverage.
We're looking for someone who:
- has several years of experience building website functionality.
- has hands-on experience in software engineering and you are up-to-date on best practices.
- has a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- has experience with the React framework.
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience building out products utilizing test-driven development
- Have experience creating CI/CD pipelines to deliver solutions as quickly as possible
Is it worth it? Let us perk it.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re reinventing the dining experience.
- We support and encourage continual learning through sponsoring conference attendance and ongoing learning subscriptions.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun work environment.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Nine paid company holidays.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Standard issue latest generation Macbook Pro (or an equivalent substitute of your choice.)
- Building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an important part of the culture at Waitr. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Get ready to do the best work of your life here at Waitr!
Getting down to brass tax:
Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan.